Sunday, June 15, 2008

About Me

By now I'm sure that some people are wondering what authority does he have to comment on these topics. So I've decided to give a little background information to help lead some credence to my suggestions.

Professionally, I'm an Athletic Trainer who has been in the field for getting close to 10 years, working with a couple different college baseball teams for the majority of that time. My interest has always been injuries in baseball, so it comes as no surprise to those around me, that I did my thesis on Shoulder and Elbow injuries in baseball pitchers. Ever since then, I've tried to keep up on the new data that is constantly coming forward.

In my fantasy career, I've been playing for a little longer than that, almost 15 years now. I've been in an extremely competitive league with Troy and Lee (writers at RotoSavants) for the majority of that time as well. Lee, Troy, and I have won that last 5 titles I believe and remain competitive this season.

Lately, I've begun to focus on injury analysis for fantasy purposes and seeing what/how the Pitch F/X data can do for the fantasy baseball owner. I'm likely going to be self-publishing information in spring training focusing on these two areas to help the fantasy baseball owners going into the draft for the 2009 season.

0 comments: