Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ER Recruiter addendum

I feel ashamed for not even remembering this guy was on my team but I completely forgot about Max Scherzer (16).

This completely changes the dynamic of my pitching keeper. I think Liriano will be much better than in the past now that he's almost completely back from Tommy John surgery, but I was always a little hesitant to use a 6th rounder on him. I think that there is a good chance I can draft him again around there unless Troy and Lee screw me over. Because his numbers were so awful when he first came back, it skews his overall numbers for the year so there is a good chance you can draft him there too.

Scherzer will be a 16th rounder. He strikes guys out by the ton and he has some of the best stuff of any young pitcher in the game. In 45 innings this year he has struck out an amazing 54 hitters while only walking 18. His BABIP is higher than what it should be and that could normalize.

So now I'm really left with Liriano at 6 or Scherzer at 16. Right now as of this minute, I'm now leaning towards Scherzer at 16.

1 comments:

Lee Perrault said...

Translation:

"Whew, it doesn't have to be like the Felix Hernandez year again"